Themabewertung:
  • 0 Bewertung(en) - 0 im Durchschnitt
Blaupunkt "Virginia" 2430
I bought this super radio from an exposition at Birmingham N.E.C (U.K) many years ago, and I thought that I might try restoring it. The main problem is that the press button switch that switches medium and long wave in to circuit (ferrite antenna), or switches the short wave in (does not use ferrite antenna), seems to have come away from its button. I can see the back of the press button, but the metal link seems to have parted company with the metal on the back of the button. Is there a way of repairing this switch, or is it best to remove the switch bank from the radio? The service sheets on this radio are only two pages, and it is not very illustrated on component layouts. When I have removed the switch bank, is it then possible to get better access to the levers?
However, I have made great improvements to the scale lamp holder and the fuse holder. Both these items were in a poor state. The lamp holder was worn out on its centre terminal, and this was catching the other terminal causing the internal fuse to blow. I removed the old terminal, drilled a hole in the centre of the holder (underside), and added a nut and bolt & washer, and a new terminal.
The fuse holder had a bit of insulation missing, causing the fuse to slip out, so I remedied that.
Kind regards
Mike
Hello Mike Smile

I hope somebody can give You some good advices. Please show us some photographs. For that
You need to edit Your Photographs to a size of max. 499 kB and about 1000 to 1200 Pix.
That's necessary for the upload software in our forum.

Picture~Links from other websites are not allowed Wink

More informations You get >>> Here <<<

Best regards, Peter from MV

=====================================================================

Hallo Mike Smile

Ich hoffe, jemand kann Dir ein paar gute Hinweise geben. Bitte zeig uns mal ein paar Photos. Dafür
mußt Du die Bilder bis zu eine Größe von 499 kB und 1000 bis 1200 Pix bearbeiten.
Dies ist notwendig für die Upload~Software in unserem Forum.

Bild~Links zu anderen Webseiten sind nicht erlaubt Wink

Weitere Informationen bekommst Du >>> Hier <<<

Beste Grüße, von Peter aus MV
~~~~~ DE - MV  /  Connected ~~~~~
Könnte mir das bitte einer Übersetzten, von der Googleübersetzung werde ich nicht schlau. Irgendwas mir der Umschaltung der Antenne?? vielen Dank Freunde

Hier die Tastenstellungen

.jpg   Schalterstellungen.JPG (Größe: 56,95 KB / Downloads: 269)
mit freundlichen grüßen aus Dielfen (Siegerland)
Dietmar
Wenn einer dem anderen hilft ohne daraus Profit schlagen zu wollen dann sind wir auf einem guten Weg
Mike, could you post some pictures of the problem, please?
It's hard to get the problem only out of your text. Maybe, we can get it, when we see it.
Viele Grüße 
Philipp
(14.05.2015, 09:35)Vagabund schrieb: Mike, could you post some pictures of the problem, please?
It's hard to get the problem only out of your text. Maybe, we can get it, when we see it.
Hi Vagabund.
Many thanks for your reply. It is the switch "F-ANT" that is a mechanical problem, it seems to be set in external antenna mode, and the ferrite antenna is switched out due to the mechanical links being broken inside. what I was asking was, if I was able to remove the switch bank from the chassis, would it be possible to carry out some repairs on the switch marked "F-ANT" on the tuning scale, or is this going to be difficult?
Also, thanks to other people for their replies.
Mike
What Philipp was saying: Not everybody knows exactly how every switch on any random radio looks like. That's why he asked for pictures.
100kb picture will tell more than 100mb of description. AND are much easier to read, even w/o knowledge of the English language.
Gruß,
Uli
(14.05.2015, 16:44)Uli schrieb: What Philipp was saying: Not everybody knows exactly how every switch on any random radio looks like. That's why he asked for pictures.
100kb picture will tell more than 100mb of description. AND are much easier to read, even w/o knowledge of the English language.

Hi Uli. I will try and send a photograph of the switch bank, but you won't be able to able to see the internal details that I am mentioning. I will try and remove the complete push button assembly (taking care to note wiring details), and to see if I can get a better view from underneath the switches (in other words between the chassis and the switches). It may show slightly more detail.
Hi Mike
Please do not remove the keyboard, you do not get back together . I have read the reports that will be very hard .
Ich habe auch gelesen das es nur Kontaktprobleme sind die mit einem Glasfaserpinsel gereinigt werden sollen.
Die Trimmer C708 und C716 sind da auch zu beachten. Das sind Röhrchen mit aufgedrehtem Draht.
I also read that there are contact problems that are to be cleaned with a glass fiber brush .
The C708 and C716 are trimmer also noted there. These are tubes with untwisted wire .

.jpg   teilansicht.JPG (Größe: 45,06 KB / Downloads: 205)

Casis partial view from below
Dietmar
Wenn einer dem anderen hilft ohne daraus Profit schlagen zu wollen dann sind wir auf einem guten Weg
(18.05.2015, 16:25)Dietmar schrieb: Hi Mike
Please do not remove the keyboard, you do not get back together . I have read the reports that will be very hard .
Ich habe auch gelesen das es nur Kontaktprobleme sind die mit einem Glasfaserpinsel gereinigt werden sollen.
Die Trimmer C708 und C716 sind da auch zu beachten. Das sind Röhrchen mit aufgedrehtem Draht.
I also read that there are contact problems that are to be cleaned with a glass fiber brush .
The C708 and C716 are trimmer also noted there. These are tubes with untwisted wire .

Casis partial view from below
Hello Dietmar. Many thanks for your very kind reply. It is just that the button marked F-ANT on the glass dial/tuning scale is not connected to its switch slider inside, as I can see the metal behind the plastic button through a slot under the chassis (the same view as the plan that you sent me) where the metal goes through from each button to the switch sliders. I am not sure how I would be able to reconnect the metalwork from the F-ANT button to the switch slider, as the ferrite antenna coils are switched out of circuit because of this problem. It is not just a case of cleaning the switch, it has broken inside so contact can not be made to the F-A when medium or long wave bands are required. It will work on external antenna, because the switch is now in external antenna mode only.
Thanks for your help.
Regards
Mike
Hallo Mike
ich habe verstanden das was in der Tastatur gebrochen ist und die FM Antenne nur noch auf Extern läuft. Ist das richtig???

Hi Mike
I understand what is broken in the keyboard and the FM antenna only runs on External . Is that right ???

Dann würde ich mir die zwei Drähte suchen und die Interne wieder anklemmen.
Die Tastatur würde ich nicht ausbauen

Then I would look for me the two wires and connect the Internal again .
The keyboard I would not expand

.jpg   Schalterstellungen1.jpg (Größe: 103,56 KB / Downloads: 170)

BlushBlushBlush
Dietmar
(19.05.2015, 16:16)Dietmar schrieb: Hallo Mike
ich habe verstanden das was in der Tastatur gebrochen ist und die FM Antenne nur noch auf Extern läuft. Ist das richtig???

Hi Mike
I understand what is broken in the keyboard and the FM antenna only runs on External . Is that right ???

ann würde ich mir die zwei Drähte suchen und die Interne wieder anklemmen.
Die Tastatur würde ich nicht ausbauen

Then I would look for me the two wires and connect the Internal again .
The keyboard I would not expand

BlushBlushBlush
Hello Dietmar. Yes that is correct, the F-ANT switch seems to be set on external as it is broken inside. Short wave and U.K.W only work on external antenna.
The main wave band switches are all o.k, they can be turned off by pressing the aus/off button.
I have found that if you push the F-ANT switch from behind on an under-chassis view, it will operate, but there is nothing to hold it in that position.
Regards
Mike
Hi Mike
please some pictures , Thank you
Dietmar
(20.05.2015, 19:30)Dietmar schrieb: Hi Mike
please some pictures , Thank you

Hi. I hope to remove the complete keyboard from the chassis by unsoldering wires and removing three screws. My main aim is to access the switch marked "F-ant" only for repairing
Cheers
Mike
Hi. I discovered that the switch could not be repaired, but I will attempt to short out various contacts on the press switch marked "F/ANT". The metal rectifier also is showing signs of requiring replacement with a silicon bridge & resistors. I have a query with the U.K.W switch (section a) as to where the wires to pins 4 & 5 originate from. Pin 4 should be connected to chassis, but there are a pair of twisted wires that go from transformer L719 near the first EF89 tube.
Regards
Mike

Möglicherweise verwandte Themen…
Thema Verfasser Antworten Ansichten Letzter Beitrag
  Telefunken Opus 2430 Pitterchen 65 25.186 07.05.2019, 11:10
Letzter Beitrag: Pitterchen

Gehe zu: