Radio-Bastler-Forum (RBF)

Normale Version: Garrard RC88/4
Du siehst gerade eine vereinfachte Darstellung unserer Inhalte. Normale Ansicht mit richtiger Formatierung.
Mein nächstes Projekt. Garrard RC 88/4 Plattenspieler. Dieser sollte einfach sein. Eine Kassette, Reinigung, Schmierung und etwas Farbe. Ich habe dies für etwa 25 Jahre. Es hat sich in Speicher gewesen. Ich werde es mit meinem Saba Meersburg W2 zu verwenden.

My next project. Garrard RC 88/4 turntable. This one should be easy. A cartridge, cleaning, lubrication, and some paint. I have had this for about 25 years. It has been in storage. I will use it with my Saba Meersburg W2.
Steve
Anton,
Ist es möglich, dies auf die Reparatur und Wiederherstellungsabschnitt zu bewegen?
Danke,
Steve
Anton,
Is it possible to move this to the repair and restoration section?
Thank you,
Steve
Hi Steve, looks interesting!
Is the pickup broken?
What's the function of the top-left part? Disc-changer?
Good luck!
(11.02.2014, 06:10)uglysteve schrieb: [ -> ]Anton, Ist es möglich, dies auf die Reparatur und wiederherstellungs-abschnitt zu bewegen? Danke, Steve
Anton,
Thank you, Steve

Yes, of course, is already done!

Nice record changer! I have a newer model: Garrard RC121MKII

[attachment=3518]

I am sorry for the bad picture, I just have not a better one here.

Most problems on these record changers makes gummy oil and dry fat. Mostly cleaning with a strong cleaner is necessary to makes the mechanics completly run. For this I use a lot oft plastic cleaner and a brush. After that I clean up with warm water and some dishwasher liquid. But beware: Remove Before electric motor!
(11.02.2014, 16:24)Uli schrieb: [ -> ]Hi Steve, looks interesting!
Is the pickup broken?
Good luck!

Ja, so ist es. Siehe nachfolgendes Foto mit Beschriftung:
(Yes, have a look at the signed picture as follow:

[attachment=3519]
(11.02.2014, 16:24)Uli schrieb: [ -> ]Hi Steve, looks interesting!
Is the pickup broken?
Good luck!

It is missing the pickup cartridge. The housing for the cartridge is just unplugged from the arm.

It has an automatic loader that can hold 8 records.

I'm watching Ebay for for a cartridge.

It is a 1950's English turn table.
I found this article about the turn table.

http://www.antiqueradio.com/vintage%20au...rticle.pdf

Thanks for moving the post, Anton.

Steve

Es ist die Tonabnehmer fehlt. Das Gehäuse für die Kartusche ist nur unplugged aus dem Arm.

Es verfügt über eine automatische Ladevorrichtung, die 8 Datensätze gespeichert halten können.

Ich beobachte Ebay für eine Kassette.

Es ist ein 1950 Englisch Drehtisch.
Ich fand diesen Artikel über den Drehtisch.

http://www.antiqueradio.com/vintage%20au...rticle.pdf

Vielen Dank für Bewegen der Post, Anton.

Steve
(12.02.2014, 02:39)Anton schrieb: [ -> ]
(11.02.2014, 06:10)uglysteve schrieb: [ -> ]Anton, Ist es möglich, dies auf die Reparatur und wiederherstellungs-abschnitt zu bewegen? Danke, Steve
Anton,
Thank you, Steve

Yes, of course, is already done!

Nice record changer! I have a newer model: Garrard RC121MKI

I am sorry for the bad picture, I just have not a better one here.

Most problems on these record changers makes gummy oil and dry fat. Mostly cleaning with a strong cleaner is necessary to makes the mechanics completly run. For this I use a lot oft plastic cleaner and a brush. After that I clean up with warm water and some dishwasher liquid. But beware: Remove Before electric motor!

Looks good Anton
Gereinigt es. Geklebte die Holz-Basis zusammen. Dennoch muss Lackreparaturen. Geölt und gefettet es. Sie haben einen neuen holen Patrone, eine GE VR II. Gewachst die Farbe auf dem Metall und dem Kunststoff. Es sieht jetzt besser. Es funktioniert gut mit meiner Saba und meine Sachsenwecker . Es hat nur ein paar Probleme beim Laden der nächsten Datensatz. Das Antriebsrad beginnt, unter Last rutschen. Bei höheren Geschwindigkeiten und mit mehreren Datensätzen auf dem Drehtisches als Schwungrad, es funktioniert gut zu handeln. Ich glaube, ich brauche nur etwas mehr Kriechöl auf dem alten Fett, um es weich zu sprühen.

Cleaned it. Glued the wood base together. Still needs paint repairs. Oiled and greased it. Got a new pick up cartridge, a GE VR II. Waxed the paint on the metal and the plastic. It looks better now. It works well with my Saba and my Sachsenwerk radios. It just has some trouble when loading the next record. The drive wheel starts to slip under load. At higher speeds, and with several records on the the turn table to act as a flywheel it works well. I think I just need to spray some more penetrating oil on the old grease to soften it up.
Wer weiß, welche Art von Farbe würde in den 1950er Jahren verwendet wurden? Ich nehme an, Ölfarbe.
Ich möchte nur die Farbe zu reparieren. Ich mag so viel origonal Finish wie möglich zu halten.
Danke,
Steve

Anyone know what kind of paint would have been used in the 1950's? I assume oil paint.
I would like to just repair the paint. I like to keep as much origonal finish as possible.
Thanks,
Steve