Themabewertung:
  • 0 Bewertung(en) - 0 im Durchschnitt
Wie öffne ich das Arcophon 3-Gehäuse?
What's the secret?

I started taking apart this Arcophon 3 speaker and find that I don't understand what it takes to remove the front and rear grilles. I can see these grills are grabbed by the top and bottom platen. It appears that both the top and bottom panels are glued to the side walls. I am sure this speaker was repaired in Italy many years ago. Are there any screws hidden under the wooden feet?

I. want to use this with my Telefunken 30W.

Thanks,
Robert
Ganz einfach. Die Bleche werden jeweils an den Kurzseiten mit einer Holzlasche mit drei Holzschrauben an den Rahmen verschraubt. Natürlich muss vorher der Bedienknopf demontiert werden.
Apropos, ich sehe, du hast die abgeschraubt. Jetzt mit wenig Gewalt das Blech  zusammendrücken und nach vorne ziehen. Der Lautsprecher hat mit den Blechen keine Berührung, ist in der Mitte des Rahmens befestigt. Also, kann nichts zerstört werden. Die Membran aus Textolit (Phenolpapier) ist lose zwischen Blech und Rahmen durch eine weiße weiche Dämmschicht freiliegend angebracht.
Noch ein Mal: Den Knopf vorher ausbauen!.

Für mehr siehe hier: https://radio-bastler.de/forum/showthread.php?tid=15385
Gruß,
Ivan
Thanks for your comments and links to your restoration thread.
I was afraid that the grill could not be flexed enough to release from the slots at the top and bottom of the cabinet. I will attempt to do that this afternoon and report the results.
Robert
The problem was caused by extreme shrinkage of the wood.  With great care I was able flex the grill on each side enough to remove.  Repairs had been made by an Italian collector many years ago.  Pieces of wood on the top and bottom were replaced.  The quality of work was not the best.  Some sort of epoxy adhesive was used to repair multiple cracks but some repairs had failed.  I worked to correct the worst of the failures.  I think the cabinet looks OK.  I do not have any correct grill cloth, so for now I will retain the cloth you see here.

Please note the difference between the top and bottom radiating cylinders.  I am thinking that the bottom radiator is supposed to radiate higher frequencies?  The white part appears to be less rigid.

All the photos of the Arcophon 3 & 5 that I have found on the Web appear to have symmetrical radiators.  Could my Arcophon 3 possibly be an early design?

Robert

Möglicherweise verwandte Themen…
Thema Verfasser Antworten Ansichten Letzter Beitrag
  Vielleicht erkennt jemand dieses Gehäuse? spiga 5 1.021 22.02.2023, 15:13
Letzter Beitrag: klausw
  Telefunken Radio T 31 G/A Arcolette und Lautsprecher Arcophon 3 navi 147 41.331 10.07.2021, 21:12
Letzter Beitrag: Radiobastler
  Telefunken Arcophon 8 - Freischwinger Spulen Radionator 0 2.044 09.02.2018, 02:02
Letzter Beitrag: Radionator
  Arcophon 3 Radio Mann 16 11.463 25.10.2017, 21:12
Letzter Beitrag: navi
  Telefunken Arcophon 3 Lautsprecher Alexander 2 4 7.069 21.02.2016, 05:25
Letzter Beitrag: anton

Gehe zu: